Telemedicine for Employers
Virtual Care, Anywhere.
MDLIVE is a leading provider of telemedicine software and services, with capabilities in cloud, voice, video, mobile and virtual care technologies.
Why Employers Are Embracing Telemedicine and MDLIVE
- Reduces healthcare costs while increasing access to high quality care
- Helps to decrease absenteeism and improve productivity
- Offers employees an easy to use and convenient way to get high quality care when and how they want it
- Provides a valued benefit that supports employee satisfaction and retention
How it Works
MDLIVE treats routine medical conditions by connecting patients to a doctor 24/7/365, saving valuable time and offering unparalleled convenience. While the typical doctor’s visit – from scheduling to prescription pick-up – takes an estimated four hours, an MDLIVE doctor’s visit takes approximately 16 minutes.
Employees carry peace of mind knowing doctors are available to see them anytime, anywhere. MDLIVE patients can choose the most convenient way to connect with a doctor - either by phone, secure video or through the MDLIVE App.
Why It Works
MDLIVE is a leading telemedicine provider with a vast nationwide network of Board Certified doctors. This broad doctor network, low cost model and superior user experience ensure that every patient gets high quality, affordable and convenient care.
- The MDLIVE Experience: Based on lifestyle and needs of the moment, MDLIVE patients can choose to speak with a doctor over the phone, online or through the MDLIVE App—more choices than any other telemedicine provider.
- Clinical Capabilities: Employing a vast nationwide network of Board Certified doctors who consult, treat and prescribe, MDLIVE is positioned to provide high quality care for routine medical conditions.
- Security: Backed by the highest levels of security, including technology used within the Department of Defense, MDLIVE safely secures all private health information.
- Integration: Seamlessly facilitating all aspects of patient care, MDLIVE communicates with a patient’s primary care doctor and health plan to achieve a simplified user experience.
Founded in 2009 and headquartered in Sunrise, Florida, MDLIVE is a leading telemedicine provider— providing online and on-demand healthcare through a secure, HIPAA-compliant platform. MDLIVE connects patients and doctors via phone or secure video to treat routine medical conditions that would otherwise go unaddressed or require a time consuming doctor’s office visit.
MDLIVE has distinguished itself from the competition, achieving a Net Promoter Score that’s comparable to or better than digital giants like Google and Amazon.
MDLIVE recruits and maintains a high quality network of Board Certified doctors:
- MDLIVE doctors are Board Certified with an average of 15 years of practice experience, and licensed in the state where their patients are located.
- MDLIVE doctors have received specialized training to communicate with and diagnose patients via phone and secure video.
- MDLIVE adheres to the highest quality standards.
- 94% of all patient medical issues are resolved after using MDLIVE.
- There is a perfect storm brewing: a shortage of primary care doctors has increased patient wait times to 20.3 days; the U.S. healthcare industry wastes an estimated 38 billion from emergency room overuse; and 30 million uninsured Americans are being added to the system.
- Healthcare consumers are more digitally focused than ever - 4 in 5 smart phone users are interested in using their technology to interact with a healthcare provider.
- More employers are choosing telemedicine as a low-cost way to drive employee satisfaction, increase productivity and help reduce overall healthcare costs. 37% of employers are estimated to adopt telehealth services in 2015. (Towers Watson, 2014).
- MDLIVE has proven successful for many employer clients. One self-funded employer group realized cost savings of approximately $400,000 and productivity savings of about 3,000 employee work hours.
Interested in learning more? Please contact your broker or account manager.