Solutions Set - WELLNESS
An upstate New York county was suffering the trend of an aging workforce with an average age of 52.3 and average age of 40.2 for plan membership. Its medical claims were rising, totaling approximately $6.4M prior to engaging with a Lifetime broker. The county also had poor screening and preventive compliance rates, ranking below the commercial norm for:
- Colon cancer screening compliance
- Members 50+ visiting a doctor
We implemented the Steps to Success program, providing members with an innovative population health approach. The program focuses on individual claims data to deliver customized member wellness and disease management services. Member campaigns are centered on cancer screenings to encourage the use of preventive health services.
- Cancer Screening Rates Up: Rates climbed to expected commercial norms for colon cancer screening and mammography.
- Cancers & Pre-Cancers Identified Early: Forty cancer or pre-cancer cases were identified, 35 in early stages which cost less than $8,000 apiece to treat.
- Total Savings from Such Identification: Early detection saved the plan more than $400,000.
- Increased Utilization of Preventive Health Services: Program successfully encouraged members over 40 who had not been to a primary care physician in a year or more to see a doctor. Forty-six percent of members targeted visited doctors, identifying health issues that may have gone undetected until more advanced and costly to treat.
To learn how we can save you time and money, call 1-800 -356-1029.