The Lead - July 2015
IN THIS ISSUE:
Welcome to The Lead — the newsletter of Lifetime Benefit Solutions — published periodically to keep you abreast of the ever-changing world of employee benefit plans. You are receiving this newsletter as a partner, customer, associate or friend of Lifetime Benefit Solutions. We appreciate all comments and enthusiastically welcome all new readers.
Lifetime is on the move:
Expanding into Ohio & New Jersey
Building on existing business relationships and opportunities, Lifetime Benefit Solutions, a third-party administrator (TPA) of self-funded medical and dental benefits, is moving into new regions, focusing initially on Ohio and New Jersey.
Said Brian Boothby, vice president of sales and client services, “We are thrilled to be able to expand our presence nationally.”
Escalating health care costs have made employers in these states carefully rethink their fully insured health care plans and actively consider other options. Many are now looking for a TPA that can offer plan flexibility – an area in which Lifetime excels.
In addition to self-funded medical and dental plans, Lifetime offers a full menu of complementary products including flexible spending accounts, health reimbursement accounts, health savings accounts, qualified transportation benefits, payroll solutions, COBRA administration, 401(k) administration and compliance services.
Boothby says the company is seeking to engage in partnerships across the United States.
“Initially, we are focusing on marketing efforts in both Ohio and New Jersey, and look to deliver on our corporate strategy of being the most flexible, creative and affordable benefit plan administrator,” said Boothby. “We plan to leverage our ability to customize plans to each customer’s unique situation and completeness of product and service offerings as distinguishing factors as we move into other new markets.”
Welcome, new Lifetimers.
It takes extraordinary professionals to deliver “the cure for benefits as usual.” You’ll meet a few of such professionals here, recently enlisted by Lifetime to support our efforts in New York, Ohio, New Jersey and beyond. Collectively, they bring a rich and diverse background to the business of benefits. And rest assured, they’re looking forward to meeting you as well.
Brian Boothby: Vice President, Sales and Client Services
Brian brings more than 20 years of experience in sales to his position at Lifetime Benefit Solutions. Prior to joining the company, Brian honed his skills as vice president of sales at the Health & Safety Institute, OfficeMax and Verizon. He holds a B.S. in political science from the State University of New York College at Buffalo.
Rajiv Mehrotra: Chief Operating Officer
As COO, Rajiv creates, implements and executes the operations strategy for Lifetime Benefit Solutions. Prior to joining the company, Rajiv was executive vice president and chief information officer of Zenith Insurance Company. Before that, he was with Bank of America. Rajiv has a PhD in computer science and an MBA.
Deb Dobroski: Manager, Sales Retention
Deb has more than 20 years of experience in the employee benefits arena working for both a national carrier and large brokers. She believes in a true partnership with her clients and has a strong commitment to customer/client satisfaction. Deb’s role oversees the service team, which is made up of our account managers and client service representatives. Deb graduated from the State University of New York at Cortland with a B.A. She holds a NYS Life, Accident and Health insurance license, and a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) designation.
Jackie Rossi: Manager, New Business Sales
Before joining Lifetime Benefit Solutions, Jackie was the manager of Medicare Sales for WellCare Health Plans, Inc. first for upstate New York and next the Connecticut market, in charge of the sales team, marketing outreach and territory development. Jackie has degrees from Mohawk Valley Community College and the State University of New York Polytechnic Institute.
Michele Kirk: Account Manager
As account manager, Michele manages all current client relationships to maintain a book of business. Prior to joining Lifetime Benefit Solutions, Michele was responsible for new Health and Benefit clients in their first 90 days with Paychex before they were transitioned over to their dedicated team. Acting as the main point of contact for the client and then carriers, Michele resolved all issues the client/carrier was having in those 90 days. Michele is a graduate of the State University of New York College at Brockport.
Brian Burmeister: Product Manager
Brian brings nearly 25 years of marketing, communications, media relations, provider relations, network contracting, outside sales and sales support experience to his role at Lifetime Benefit Solutions. In his new role, he has already begun analysis of all Lifetime Benefit Solutions products to ensure that all are correctly positioned, priced and designed to meet our client’s employee benefit needs both in New York state and out-of-state. Burmeister holds a B.A. from Illinois Wesleyan University and a NYS Life, Accident and Health insurance license.
IRS Announces 2016 HSA Contribution Limits, HDHP Minimum Deductibles & HDHP Out-of-Pocket Maximums
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has finalized regulations with the 2016 payment parameters for health care reform’s premium stabilization programs and cost-sharing requirements. These parameters include the maximum annual limit on cost sharing: For 2016, they are $6,850 for self-only coverage and $13,700 for other than self-only coverage (compared to $6,600 and $13,200, respectively, for 2015).
The IRS has now released its cost-of-living adjustments affecting health savings accounts (HSAs) and high-deductible health plans (HDHPs).
- HSA Contribution Limits. The 2016 annual HSA contribution limit for individuals with self-only HDHP coverage is $3,350 (unchanged from 2015), and the limit for individuals with family HDHP coverage is $6,750 (a $100 increase from 2015).
- HDHP Minimum Required Deductibles. The 2016 minimum annual deductible for self-only HDHP coverage is $1,300 (unchanged from 2015) and the minimum annual deductible for family HDHP coverage is $2,600 (unchanged from 2015).
- HDHP Out-of-Pocket Maximums. The 2016 maximum limit on out-of-pocket expenses (including items such as deductibles, copayments, and coinsurance, but not premiums) for self-only HDHP coverage is $6,550 (a $100 increase from 2015), and the limit for family HDHP coverage is $13,100 (a $200 increase from 2015).
Please visit http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-drop/rp-15-30.pdf for a copy of the IRS publication.
Advance and be recognized: We're proud to receive awards from three leading organizations.
- Lifetime Benefit Solutions was awarded a Gold Seal for Fit Friendly Worksite Recognition by the American Heart Association, one of only 46 companies in central New York to receive such an award.
- We've been recognized as one of 2014’s Healthiest Companies in America by Interactive Health, a provider of health management solutions. As one of 158 winners representing 30 states, we were cited as a group that has embraced the mission of life-changing access to preventive health care in the workplace.
- We received a 2014 Partner Excellence Award for outstanding business achievements from Evolution1 –a WEX Company for accomplishments in designing, developing and deploying win-win benefits plans that run on the Evolution1 technology platform.
Reimbursement Accounts: FSA and HRA.
One card. One portal. One partner.
Our Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) offer great ways for you to save your employees some extra cash. Reimbursement account administration offers benefits of its own, including:
- Health Spending Card to pay for health care expenses
- 24/7 online access to submit reimbursements and check claims via our web portal
- Mobile app that not only checks balances, but enables employees to file new claims with receipt images
- Dedicated support administration service team
- 98.5% debit card substantiation rate — one of the highest anywhere in the industry — means fewer hassles for your employees
- Stack FSAs with HRAs and HSAs on one card
Lifetime Benefit Solutions Account Executive shares expertise.
At a recent Greater CNY Association of Health Underwriters membership meeting in Syracuse, N.Y., Lifetime Account Executive C.J. Graham discussed employer-reporting responsibilities as a panel presenter. Licensed in Life, Accident and Health, C.J. also holds professional designations in Payroll and Human Resources.
Copyright © 2015 Lifetime Benefit Solutions, All rights reserved.